Featured Page: Images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured Page: Images

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

katymartin
    Participant

My site uses the Genesis Featured Page widgets underneath a Genesis Responsive Slider.

I see that the Featured Page Widget only allows me to select the featured image for the page as my display image in these areas.  The problem is that the pages I’m highlighting in the Featured Page area are the same I’m using to link to in the Slider.

So what I’m facing is that the Featured Page box images are a duplication of the Slider images, which doesn’t look great.

Question: is there a way to use images other than Featured Images in the Featured Page widget?  If not, any other suggestions for some other responsive plugins or ideas I might try to feature pages?

anitac
    Participant

Please provide a link to your website. If you are using Featured PAGES, then you can select pages that ARE NOT in the slider. If you are using Featured POSTS, then you will need to use the Offset feature. But as you state PAGES, you can select which PAGES show up by only adding those that are NOT in the slider.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

katymartin
    Participant

Thank you *anitac*

I didn’t provide a link because I have a maintenance mode plugin activated.  But I like the idea of using posts and simply redirecting them to the pages I want.  I appreciate the reply… you always get me thinking of creative solutions.

Consider this resolved.

anitac
    Participant

Sure, and thank you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Featured Page: Images’ is closed to new replies.