Featured Page Widget missing page dropdown menu

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Featured Page Widget missing page dropdown menu

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  And_or 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

whitneymaass
    Participant

Somehow within the widget “genesis – feature page” there is no longer a drop down menu appearing to the right of “Page:” so I cannot designate what page it should point too. When I hover over the word “Page:” it seems to think it should be a link or menu, but if i click it does nothing. I had made two of these before and was able to chose to page they should point to, but the functionality to do so with the latest one is gone. How do I get it back? help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ojto1b00uttcb7/page.png

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  whitneymaass.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  whitneymaass.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

I can’t seem to replicate this.  There are a few plugins out there that have been messing with widgets since the upgrade to 3.5 so you might try disabling plugins to see if there is a conflict.  I can verify that the page dropdown still works on my WP 3.5 development installs.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

whitneymaass
    Participant

That didn’t seem to do anything… any other ideas?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

No, unfortunately, I don’t.   I’ll leave this open for others to present some ideas or to see if someone else sees this behavior, but I can’t replicate this behavior on any of my development installs. Perhaps just making sure that any widgets on the page are properly setup with completely valid html and using Firebug to make sure that no errors show in the console. Out of curiosity, do your existing FP Widgets show the dropdown and is this since 3.5 upgrade?

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

darrylo
    Participant

I’m having similar problem. The dropdown is visible: post, page, any. But it won’t let me select page, I click on it and the dropdown closes and stays on post. Same with the dropdown for select: include, exclude – everything else works.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Have you tried deactivating plugins to see if that solves the issue?

anitac
    Participant

One more suggestion – when you deactivate your plugins – re-activate them one at a time and go back and forth to see if you can see it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Yes, that is a good suggestion!

And_or
    Participant

maybe the same as this: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/featured-amplified-unable-to-select-post-type-page-after-update-3-5/ ?

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.