featured post alignment – lifestyle theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks featured post alignment – lifestyle theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

fotodog13
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am using the latest version of the lifestyle theme, genesis and wordpress.
    I would like to set the featured posts that appear on the home page with a thumbnail as a widget so that the snippet of body copy that describes the post aligns left, not with the justified, or center setting that the default theme has.

Although the posts appear correctly when the full version is reached by clicking the read me tag ( it displays as aligned left ) the featured Home page ignores the settings and sets them differently.

I am thinking that this should be possible to do but not sure exactly how to go about it. ( functions.php file ?, perhaps a plugin?)
    Hope the above makes sense. When I look quickly at the amped theme it looks like you are able to set the featured post content to appear aligned left there so I am assuming it is possible and not the difficult to do

Heres a URL to the site :

http://crunchmunchandchew.com

**see the featured post widgets for ” Lentil Love, Nola Granola, or Victory in the Kitchen- below the top post.

As always many thanks to anyone that takes the time to look and can give me a clue.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  fotodog13.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  fotodog13.
    http://crunchmunchandchew.com/

nutsandbolts

Find this in your stylesheet:

.featured-content .entry {
        text-align: center;
    }

If you remove all of that, your text will align left instead of center.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.