featured post widget problem

Community Forums Forums General Discussion featured post widget problem

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ladybug 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ladybug
    Participant

I am using Genesis child theme “Enterprise”. So the site looks like regular pages (using a full page layout) with one of the nav links being “Blog”.

To accomplish the above, I made a “page” named “Blog” and assigned it the “Blog” template so it would have the blog features including sidebar.

So far, so good.

The problem happens when using the “featured post widget” on the home page…… like shown in this child theme’s demo. The [read more] link in the widget links to the latest post, but the post is not showing up with the same layout as it does when you click on “Blog” in the navigation…… the sidebar is missing.

Where did I go wrong?

braddalton
    Participant

You must have set the default post layout as full width and the blog page template as content sidebar

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

ladybug
    Participant

Brad,

Yes, I set the default “PAGE” layout as full width (as that makes a home page and other pages like a regular website…… then I set the blog (posts) page template as content sidebar.

Is there a better way to accomplish the same thing maybe….. maybe a different way that would not mess up the “featured post widget” that goes on the home page?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.