Filed Under – Tweaks

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Filed Under – Tweaks

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mealtog 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mealtog
    Participant

After enabling Genesis Simple Edits, it does not look like any of the php codes I have found allowed me to either remove or change the “Filed Under” text below each post. I want to run Simple Edits for easy switching of text, so:

1. How do I edit Field Under into something else?
    2. How do I add some padding above this section. After enabling the YARPP plugin, it is a little tight above.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Add following code to functions.php file, change filed under to any text of your choice.

//* Customize the post meta function
    add_filter( ‘genesis_post_meta’, ‘sp_post_meta_filter’ );
    function sp_post_meta_filter($post_meta) {
    if ( !is_page() ) {
    $post_meta = ‘[post_categories before="Filed Under: "] [post_tags before="Tagged: "]‘;
    return $post_meta;
    }}

For padding issue, share your website url for exact css code modifications.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Mealtog
    Participant

ok, copying and pasting from your codes broke the site. Had to restore a backed up functions.php. I think it’s the single quote that caused an issue. I tried this but cannot even change the meta tag.

I even tried to remove the post meta from the Simple Edits plugin first but could not get the code to work. It’s almost like Simple Edit takes precedence over the fucntions.php code. Maybe if I load it higher in the file?

Mealtog
    Participant

Odd, no matter what codes I use, I am not able to change the text “Filed Under”. Anyone else have any ideas? I am running the Simple Edits Plugin too.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Disable simple edits plugins and then use code as on this page – http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/post-meta/

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Mealtog
    Participant

I will have to try that. But Simple Edits is such a good plugin for easy edits, was hoping I could use it and still change Filed Under. Anyone else know?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.