Finding the holy grail: different content display by page type

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Finding the holy grail: different content display by page type

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  inkmuser 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

inkmuser
    Participant

Seems to be a number of folks wrestling with this in the forum, yet I’ve been unable to make this work. Contacted support who gave me a good suggestion on creating a custom page, but it’s a lot of work I don’t want to tackle right now for something that should be a click or two away. Plus the instructions point to sidebar widgets and my child theme does not use those (does use footer widgets, which might be similarly set up).

Simply put, I want to show only full content on the home page (quantity controlled by Settings/Reading), and only excerpts on archive pages, search results, etc.

The Genesis Grid plugin somewhat does this, but forces excerpts into a grid, which I don’t want and don’t display well.

Has anyone been able to successfully make this work vis something simpler than a custom home page?

http://www.garyvarner.com

inkmuser
    Participant

As an alternative to someone else having resolved this easily, can anyone recommend a developer to hire for a few hours to do some custom tweaks?

Is there a list somewhere in the forum or on StudioPress.com showing developers?

The few I’ve stumbled upon want large hour minimums (completely understandable), but I think this is a one-hour task by someone knowing what they’re doing.

Thanks!
    Gary

chashutch
    Participant

That’s the list of developers that studiopress recommends. Not sure if it will help though.

http://www.studiopress.com/genesis-developers

Hutch

inkmuser
    Participant

Thanks chashutch.

Still hoping someone can answer my original question without resorting to finding a developer to fix.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.