First Genesis Site Live

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback First Genesis Site Live

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tashworth19191 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alex2k5
    Participant

http://news.toyark.com

Migrated from a legacy CMS system which was vBulletin based. First larger scale WordPress site for me, first use of the Genesis theme. Custom theme, developed from the sample theme that comes with Genesis core. Tried to bridge the default layout styling/method of older forum systems with a touch of web 2.0/3.0/wordpress, while leaving the overall structure of the coding in place.

Would love to hear feedback from Genesis specific users/designers.

Thanks to those that helped me out on the forums with the learning curve earlier on.

Later!

braddalton
    Participant

Looks very good. Why did you put it in a sub domain? And what theme did you use?

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

wp guy
    Participant

Appears he built it from the Sample theme. Very nicely done.

alex2k5
    Participant

Looks very good. Why did you put it in a sub domain? And what theme did you use?

Subdomain – because we were migrating from another cms which was in root, needed to be able to direct old to new. Easier this way.

Appears he built it from the Sample theme. Very nicely done.

Yes, correct. Started with sample theme, built it out from there. Once I got a hold of the themes associated with Genesis and realized most were just altered templates to include additional widget areas, I figured I could do that myself if needed. For now I’ve decided not to do even that, just use the pagination of default view with some tweaks to image display. That is similar to what we had before on other CMS, so it transitions well.

tashworth19191
    Participant

I like the colors, good choice.     Yeah, I think the sub-domain might hurt seo though.

Regards,  Tom Ashworth

http://horseshoe-bay-texas-homes.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.