First Time Genesis Design – – Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback First Time Genesis Design – – Lifestyle Theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marybaum 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tomarob
    Participant

I designed this for my first attempt at a genesis/lifestyle design.

Like it??  Hate it?? What??

http://www.chesterfieldremodeler.com

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  tomarob.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  tomarob.

tomarob
    Participant

If it doesn’t work right away, – - just try back in a bit.

Been having major server problems for the last week or so, – - they’re workin’ on it, they say . . .

Susan

Nice site – I love the background image you have!

I also like the lightbox you have in the sidebar that allows you to leave comments through Facebook.

I wish you were in my area – I want a deck/patio/something done in my yard, but haven’t pulled the trigger…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

tomarob
    Participant

Thanks Susan, – - that’s not really my area, – - that site I’m showing is a site I made for a long-distance friend. I’m actually in central/southern New Jersey, and my own remodeling site is http://www.tr-built.com  It’s not wordpress, it’s all hand-coded, – - and it’s actually the first site I made (several years ago).

marybaum
    Participant

I’d like to see more contrast in the header between the background and the type. I like the grey stone effect – though it would work better on a bolder typeface – and I’m a sucker for blue-sky treatments. Love them! In fact, my tagline could be Turning The Web Blue And Green . . . But I think you need to pick one or the other and commit. Given that this is a construction business, that would probably mean the stone.

And, as I said, the stone texture treatment would work better on a heavier weight of the typeface.

Other than that, good start!

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.