FIxing Sidebar to Right Side of the Screen!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks FIxing Sidebar to Right Side of the Screen!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tomewer
    Participant

Hello!

I’m developing a custom child theme for the Genesis Framework. One of the main features is that the sidebar will stick to the right of the screen, with the main content floated in the middle of the remaining space to the left. Basically exactly the same as this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/10/10/the-difference-between-inspiration-and-motivation/.

However, I’m not sure how to make this happen in terms of CSS. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Tom Ewer

tomewer
    Participant

Anyone?

nutsandbolts

Hi Tom,

I’m a little confused – am I understanding correctly that you want the content section of the site to be full width, where the sidebar is flush against the right of the screen and the content area takes up all the remaining space?

If so, are you customizing an existing child theme, or are you creating a new one from scratch? That will affect the way you need to structure your CSS rules.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

tomewer
    Participant

Hey Andrea,

That’s correct :-)

I’m using the Genesis template child theme.

Cheers,

Tom

nutsandbolts

I would suggest downloading the Fluid child theme and looking through its structure, paying special attention to what is removed from the wrap in functions.php – that might help give you an idea of where to start.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

nutsandbolts

Oops, hit “submit” too soon. This link may help as well: http://genesistutorials.com/genesis-structural-wraps-creating-a-full-width-genesis-child-theme/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.