Floating widget sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Floating widget sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eamonmoriarty 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Reginald
    Participant

Hi guys!

Okay I have a little issue here. I am thinking of having a floating widget on my sidebar. The widget will be the last one though and not the whole sidebar.

I tried Q2W3 plugin and it isn’t working. Suspecting it could by my W3TC which is doing some issue with it. Now, my question is that if I want to make that one widget to float, is there any code i could use?

Please advise and thank you.

http://www.reginaldchan.net

cdils
    Participant

What content are you wanting to show in your floating widget (I assume you mean it stays visible on the page, regardless of scroll?). If it’s social sharing-related, there are some plugins out there that’ll do that. Generally speaking, I’m thinking you’ll want to go outside of your actual sidebar widget so you can style it as a separate component.

Not sure about conflicts with your caching plugin…

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Reginald
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually planning to make my sidebar widget (sign up form) to float. However not sure how or what code to use.

Any advise?

Thanks.

cdils
    Participant

Hmm, I don’t. I’d look for a signup form plugin that does it. :)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Reginald
    Participant

Hmm thanks for the reply.

Been trying to use q2w3 plugin but doesn’t work.

That’s why I thought of maybe…maybe another plugin or method can work.

Hehe :)

eamonmoriarty
    Participant

Have you tried this plugin for creating floating sidebars?
    http://www.strx.it/2010/11/wordpress-floating-sidebar-plugin/

Eamon Moriarty
    EM Dzine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.