focus css question

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks focus css question

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tony @ AlphaBlossom 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

2TechGirls
    Participant

I’m using the focus child theme and would like to change the css for the blog display page. If you look at the theme demo page – http://demo.studiopress.com/focus/  the first two blog posts are full width to the sidebar. The posts after that are in a two column format. I would like to remove that and have all the posts display the same as the first two.

Where can I edit the css to do that?

Thanks.

Kris

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

If you want to change it using just css (keeping the rest of the format the same), you can add:

.home .genesis-grid-even,
    .home .genesis-grid-odd {
    width: 100%;
    }

Adding .home will only change it on the homepage, that way you don’t change this layout on other pages.

Tony
    AlphaBlossom

2TechGirls
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Thanks, that did work. Now I have to set things so the post image displays before the Read More link. Do you know how I can change that?

Kris

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hi Kris,

Glad that helped. I’m not following you on the post image. When I look at the demo page, the “continue reading” link is the last thing to display for each post.

Tony

2TechGirls
    Participant

Ok, I did make the new theme live since this is the last of the customizations – http://www.chicityfashion.com/

I need to have at least one image displaying before the “read more” link

Thanks.

2TechGirls
    Participant

New problem – the side widgets are not displaying at all. Also, part of the footer – the copyright – is displaying below the header of the site. I’ve made sure the original functions.php page is there, with no customizations.

How can i get the sidebar to display and the footer to display correctly?

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

I wasn’t sure if you just wanted the lower posts wider, or if you wanted them the same as the first couple of posts. If you open your home.php (child theme folder), you’ll see this code:

genesis_grid_loop( array(
    'features' => 2,
    'feature_image_size' => 0,
    'feature_content_limit' => 0,
    'grid_image_size' => 'grid-thumbnail',
    'grid_image_class' => 'alignnone',
    'grid_content_limit' => 250,
    'more' => __( '[Continue reading]', 'genesis' ),
    'posts_per_page' => 6,
    ) );

If you change ‘features’ you can display more posts like the first two. You might also want to change ‘posts_per_page’ if you want to show more than six post.

If you do this, you can reset the css above since you won’t be showing the grid posts on the home page.

Your sidebar is there, but it’s empty.

The copyright text looks like it’s in your header widget, so you’ll have to go into your admin panel and remove that.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Actually, just looked at it and it looks like you got it all sorted out now :)

2TechGirls
    Participant

Actually, I was able to fix most of this, but there is still one problem.

On each separate post page, the sidebar is displaying on the side where it should, but also below the post. How can I get rid of the duplication?

Here’s an example – http://www.chicityfashion.com/fashion-week-essentials/

Thanks.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

It looks like you have a separate widget (class of .after-post) area that’s duplicating the sidebar widget. You should check in your admin widget area to see if it’s duplicated there. If not, maybe in your functions.php.

2TechGirls
    Participant

Tony, thanks for your help. When I changed the theme, the widgets were either moved or duplicated for some odd reason. I cleaned that up and everything is displaying properly.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Awesome, glad you got it all sorted out! Have a great day :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘focus css question’ is closed to new replies.