Focus – Homepage Layout

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Focus – Homepage Layout

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Maddog
    Participant

Hi there,

I would like to change the default layout on my Focus child theme.

Basically I would like the homepage to display the majority of the latest post with a read more.
    And then a thumbnail with blurb and read more for the next 5 most recent posts.

Something similar to the way this site is setup essentially. http://www.pinchofyum.com

Could anyone point me in the right direction to do this?

Thankyou.

Regards,

Anita
    Participant

You can do that one of two ways. The first would be to go to Settings > Reading and set your Blog page as the Static page. You would need to create a page called Blog and use the Blog Template. Don’t put any content on that page, just create the page, select the template and save it. Then go to Appearance > Menus and add the Blog page to you menu system.

The other way would be to open up your files using FTP. Rename the home.php file to home-old.php and it will reset the home page to show only the blog archive.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.