Focus Pro – Need to use full-width header image (like original Focus)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Focus Pro – Need to use full-width header image (like original Focus)

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TJohnson 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pawlander
    Participant

In the original Focus theme, you could use a full width header image.

The size of header image allowed in Focus Pro is now limited to 320×100 to allow room for a right side widget in the header.
    If you try to insert a wider/taller image, it forces a crop.

Can you please tell me what modifications I need to make to be able to use a full width header image?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Pawlander. Reason: cut/paste error
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Pawlander. Reason: cut/paste error

AC
    Blocked

Open up the functions.php file. Look for support for custom header. Change the dimensions to the exact size of your header. Then upload your header again.

Pawlander
    Participant

Thank you for the help.

TJohnson

I too am working on this issue.

I have managed to get a full width header image inserted. I also have a media query that changes the header for cell phone display. But I am having some challenges getting the header image to act responsively as the screen dimensions diminish. I am going to be looking into adding additional media queries today in an attempt to address this, but would prefer to simply have the image change its size and remain fixed to the top of the page as the screen dimensions shrink until I set the next media query.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.