Foodie: Adsense in header and resize featured image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Foodie: Adsense in header and resize featured image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Natalie
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to set-up my site on Foodie and have come across a couple of questions I could really use some help with, please?

I would like to move my Adsense from the ‘Top Ad’ widget and incorporate it into the right hand side of header.
    How do I achieve this?

Also, the featured image in ‘Home Top’ is huge.
    How do I reduce the height down to say, 350 px.

Thank you!

http://onebusywahm.com

AC
    Blocked

You will need to crop your logo to something smaller. You can move the banner to the Header Right Widget Area, but it will remove the top banner including the colored background. It will then flush to the top. Your header is too wide to do this so you will need to crop this – and make it smaller – more the size of a traditional logo, removing the dead white space on both sides. Then uploading it again.

Go to your style sheet and look for this:

.site-header .widget-area {
        float: right;
        text-align: right;
        width: 720px;
    }

Change that to about 769px.

And then once you fix the logo, you’ll need to edit this .site-header to accommodate the new logo size you create.

**Making these changes could effect the responsiveness of your header and content** so you may need to edit your responsive/media queries as well.

For the home page image which is sized to fit the content area, if you reduce the size of the image, you will want to wrap the text. So open the widget where it’s located and select a smaller image and float the image left.

Natalie
    Participant

Hello Anita,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I’ve checked my widgets and I cannot find anything called ‘Header Right Widget’ in fact, I can’t see any Header widgets. Is this something I need to install?

As for the featured image, I didn’t want to make it smaller overall, as their would be surplus white space around the image. I just want reduce the height. Is this possible?

Thank you!

AC
    Blocked

For the image, you would need to make some adjustments in your functions.php to add a smaller customized sized image.

The developer must have omitted that from the theme – didn’t provide that as an option. You can add it back by modifying the functions.php and then the CSS. If you aren’t comfortable customizing this, feel free to contact me if you are looking for freelance assistance. Otherwise, Shay provides support on her website. She may provide the assistance to you at no charge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.