Foodie Theme: how to make site switch from responsive view to desktop view

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Foodie Theme: how to make site switch from responsive view to desktop view

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  genwrock 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lizbarber05
    Participant

The theme I’m currently using is the Foodie Theme.
    Right now the theme is completely responsive when viewed on mobile devices but my client now wants to give the option for readers to switch from the responsive view to a desktop view if desired.

Is there a tutorial someone can refer me to on this? Thanks!

http://testsite.sweetsimplicitydesigns.com

AC
    Blocked

This question has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately there hasn’t been a developer who has created anything of this nature (or if they have they haven’t shared it). I know quite a number of people use the WPTouch plugin, as well as the Mobile Feature in Jetpack.

Jodi P

I came across this recently. Haven’ tried to implement it myself! http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/201303/letting_users_disable_responsive_layout/

genwrock

I made this article . Hope that this will help you.

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Customizing & Creating Genesis Website | Follow Me on Twitter

AC
    Blocked

Ohhh @Genwrock, I remember that! You posted that on another discussion here didn’t you?

genwrock

Yes. I created this article that time.

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Customizing & Creating Genesis Website | Follow Me on Twitter

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  genwrock.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  genwrock.

AC
    Blocked

Thank you for sharing that again! I am going to book mark it. I tested it on my Android and your sample works beautifully.

genwrock

Thank you @anita.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.