Footer Credits

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Au Coeur 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

itsAJA

I entered the suggested code to customize the footer credits and now I have this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘/’ in /home3/clutch/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallax-pro/functions.php on line 168

and I can’t even get back to the dashborad.

Au Coeur
    Participant

If you log into your hosting account, you can use the file viewer to delete what you just added from functions.php. That will restore your site. Make sure you don’t paste the opening php tag from the code snippet.

Mother. Web & Graphic Designer. Lactation Consultant. Blogging about how it all fits together, most recently from northern Colorado. Visit my blog or my design site.

itsAJA

Yeah. That was my first recourse. No luck. And upon loggin to WordPress I get the same error. I can’t even get to my dashboard.

Au Coeur
    Participant

No, you don’t delete this through your dashboard, you delete it through your host’s c-Panel. Do you know how to access files on your hosting account?

Mother. Web & Graphic Designer. Lactation Consultant. Blogging about how it all fits together, most recently from northern Colorado. Visit my blog or my design site.

itsAJA

Well… I’m in my C-Panel. Seems logical to access the File Manager under Files, but I’m not seeing another logical step after that.

itsAJA

Okay… well… I guessed on the next logical step and apparently I found something and did something right. Everything is as I intended. Thanks tons!

Au Coeur
    Participant

No problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.