footer in the middle of screen on 27inch monitor

Community Forums Forums General Discussion footer in the middle of screen on 27inch monitor

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom88 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Tom88
    Participant

Hi All,

I have an issue with my footer, it is normal when I view it on a 15inch laptop, but when I view the web page on a 27inch screen, the footer appears right after my last text item on the page, and below the footer is my page background? I inspected the element, and it is right above the /body tag? Any Ideas?

I appreciate your help!

Thank you,

anitac
    Participant

You need to add that larger sized monitor to your media queries and adjust the footer.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Tom88
    Participant

I appreciate your response:

I thought the media queries were for width not height? Here is my code for max-width: 1139px: For some reason it is placing the footer hook right after my page widgets, and not at the very bottom of the screen.

@media only screen and (max-width: 1139px) {

.site-inner,
    .wrap {
    max-width: 960px;
    }

.content-sidebar-sidebar .content-sidebar-wrap,
    .sidebar-content-sidebar .content-sidebar-wrap,
    .sidebar-sidebar-content .content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 740px;
    }

.content,
    .site-header .widget-area {
    width: 620px;
    }

.sidebar-content-sidebar .content,
    .sidebar-sidebar-content .content,
    .content-sidebar-sidebar .content {
    width: 400px;
    }

.footer-widgets-1,
    .footer-widgets-2,
    .footer-widgets-3,
    .sidebar-primary,
    .title-area {
    width: 300px;
    }

}

anitac
    Participant

A visual screenshot would be better for us to see.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Tom88
    Participant

I will send a link to the URL, I am also using the Genesis Extender: Are we allowed to post to this forum with sites using this plugin?

Thank you.

anitac
    Participant

Yes, and if someone is familiar with working with it – they may be able to assist you. I personally have never used it.

Tom88
    Participant

I do not think it has anything to do with the Extender since I am using two simple screen widgets only. The site renders perfect on 15inch laptop, but not on a 27inch display.

http://www.triwrxs-sandbox.com/Blinds/

Thank you,

anitac
    Participant

I don’t have a 27-inch monitor. Can you send a screenshot of what you see on a 27-inch monitor?

Tom88
    Participant

How do you attach files on this forum, of do I need to place the files on my hosting server?

Tom88
    Participant

I solved my problem, by using a Sticky Footer:

http://9seeds.com/tech/sticky-footer-genesis/

Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.