Footer widget styling

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Footer widget styling

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  media317 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sebgates
    Participant

Hi, I have only been using Genesis for a few days. Trying to get my head around how to style the page. The first issue I have encountered is the footer. I added the Footer widget plugin and activated it. The footer is 960px wide, the page layout is flexible and I believe goes to 1152px, I changed the width to 100%. I now have a footer like this: http://report.xl-websites.com/ , how can I make the footer widgets responsive and also stretch them across the page to the same width as the rest of the content? I also want to style the footer the same way this website has (a stripe running from one side of the page to the other) – any ideas?

Thanks – Seb

media317
    Participant

The problem is the css in the footer widget plugin.  Why are you using a plugin to add widgets?  Which theme are you using?

Alan Smith
    Media317

sebgates
    Participant

I am using the Sample theme that came with the Framework. I want to style the content of the Framework myself without buying child themes if possible. When I deactivate the footer widget plugin, I can’t add any Footer widgets. I am new to the Framework. I would like to be able to add footer widgets and style them. What should I do?

media317
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.