Footer Widget Title Problem

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Footer Widget Title Problem

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tamjl 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tamjl
    Participant

Hello -

I’m helping a friend with a website at http://gerdephotos.com/ and am having a problem getting the widget titles to show on Footers 2 and 3.

The title shows on hover but not otherwise. There is no code in the text widget itself (that is, I haven’t added code to the widget content or title) and I’ve not fussed with the hover css.

If I add text widgets to Footers 2 and 3 above the current widgets, the titles of the current widgets then show but not the title of the next text widget. It seems that whatever widget is at the top of Footer 2 and 3 won’t show the widget title.

I’m also noticing that Footer 1 widget is showing in bold, though there is no <strong> code in the text widget’s content.

Can anyone identify what’s going on here? Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

The styles on line 188 of style.css are causing the headers of footer 1 and 2 to display in the same colour as the footer background as they’re links:

a:hover, body, h2 a, h2 a:visited, h4.widgettitle a, input, .genesis-nav-menu a, .genesis-nav-menu a:visited, .genesis-nav-menu li li a, .genesis-nav-menu li li a:link, .genesis-nav-menu li li a:visited, .post-comments, .post-info a, .post-meta a, #footer a, #title a, #title a:hover {
    color: #222;
    }

To resolve this I’d add the following to your stylesheet to make the footer title links display in white:

#footer-widgets h4 a {
    color:#fff;
    }

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

tamjl
    Participant

Thanks, Chris, that did the trick. For what it’s worth, the “problem” code is how the theme came…downloaded it this afternoon and have not edited that. I’m flagging it here in case StudioPress folks want to fix the code in the theme’s CSS download.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.