Footer Widgets in Enterprise theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Footer Widgets in Enterprise theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ladybug
    Participant

In the Enterprise theme there is a widget area with currently 3 sections side-by-side,  called “footer 1″, “footer 2″ and “footer 3″.

I am assuming that though this area is called “footer”, it actually officially a “sidebar” because it has widgets.

I want to add an additional 4th widget area on it….. to go under the 3 side-by-side areas, to hold a long row of linked icons for client’s business affiliates.

I am a bit confused as to how to add it. I understand (I think) how to add an additional widget section to the “middle” area’s widgets. I can see them all listed in the “functions.php” file under “Register widget areas” and know that I would just need to register another widget, then put in the appropriate action and function lines, then address the css.

However, the the 3 widget areas for the footer are not listed under “Register widget areas”. Instead, there are lines above that say:

/** Add support for 3-column footer widgets */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-footer-widgets’, 3 );

How do I go about adding that additional 4th section to the footer widgets?

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

You’re on the right track.

Change this to 4 widgets: add_theme_support( ‘genesis-footer-widgets’, 4 );

That’ll add a 4th widget area where you can add your info.

As for CSS, add something like this:

.footer-widgets-4 {

clear: both;
        width: 100%;

}

You may also want to add some margin to the top of that element if it’s cramping up against your other footer widgets. Try that out and post a link if you need more help. :)

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.