Freelance Child Theme: elements missing in different browsers

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Freelance Child Theme: elements missing in different browsers

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tjbravo
    Participant

Hello,

I am hoping this is an appropriate place to ask advice for a site issue. The site in question currently has the Freelance Child Theme installed, and has been a live site for some time. It has just begun to show some odd behavior in that certain elements are not appearing in different browsers. If I view the site in Firefox, I can see all okay but if I view in Internet Explorer there is no navigation, no background, and all of the layout seems to be invisible. Is it possible that a plugin could cause this? I have also noticed that the client has two different versions of Genesis installed, so I am wondering if that might cause a conflict. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I will continue to troubleshoot on my own as well.

Here is the site in question: http://www.nowhealing.com/

http://www.nowhealing.com/

David Chu
    Participant

Oh my.
    There’s a LOT going on there.

It looks about the same in the browsers I’ve tried. The menu’s all messed up – that’s the most obvious visual oddity. The site doesn’t come close to validating in HTML. I clocked it at 90+ errors. Very scary, indeed. It’s possible that a theme update knocked out some customized CSS.

It’s incredibly slow. I’m guessing that the hosting is very bad. Which brings me to my next point. It looks like the client noticed how slow it was, and asked a developer to “speed it up”. So they used a Gzip plugin, hoping for some more speed. Who knows, maybe it did something. So that plugin is certainly a suspect, at least. This reminds me of clients who come to me after they’ve been hosted on something like iPage for awhile, and they say, can you speed my site up? :-)

And that’s just the beginning.

Sorry to give all bad news. At least there are some ideas for you.

Good luck! Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

tjbravo
    Participant

Haha, thanks, Dave. Yes, there IS a lot going on there. I’m fairly new to this site, so I’m just starting to find things and oddities. Nothing has been added very recently in the way of plugins, so it is weird that it just started with this behavior in the last day or two. In my Firefox browser, the site looks perfectly normal, which is the oddest thing of all. I appreciate your time and advice.

David Chu
    Participant

:-) You took that in stride.

In my FF Win7 it has the “ghost menu”. Charge them a goodly fee. ;)

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.