Full page width Genesis – Responsive Slider in Lifestyle Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full page width Genesis – Responsive Slider in Lifestyle Pro

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve@BHQ 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

How do a make the Genesis – Responsive Slider full width in the Lifestyle Pro theme?
    Thank You, Steve

http://bassanglerhq.com/battlefieldbass/

braddalton
    Participant

This is a better way to do it in my opinion as the slider is hooked in directly rather than using a widget http://wpsites.net/best-plugins/installing-full-width-responsive-slider/

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Thanks braddalton and I’m looking into that plug-in. But I’m already familiar with the Genesis Slider, how it works, etc. Can you help with my original question?
    How do a make the Genesis – Responsive Slider full width in the Lifestyle Pro theme as a widget?

braddalton
    Participant

Hello Steven

In which hook position and on what pages?

Always happy to help however i would need to know the specifics to supply the answer that’s works the best

braddalton
    Participant

Please copy the code from the view raw link and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++.

https://gist.github.com/braddalton/d91eca17b88087d6d383

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Sorry about the delay in response.
    I would like to have in Home – Top. Or just create another widget area.
    But I do recall in the previous version of Lifestyle, I had to add some code somewhere else in the functions file.
    Does this help?

Steve

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Don’t I also have to add some code elsewhere in order to see the widget area in the dashboard?

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

I added the code you supplied to another site (same theme, etc.), see the widget area in the dashboard, added the Genesis – Responsive Slider to that widget area, changed the slider settings to the correct dimensions, but it isn’t showing on the home page. http://stevenlatinofishing.com/

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

@braddalton I went with the standard slider position on the Stevenlatino site. But know I’m working on another that I’d really like to use a full-width slider.

I’ve added the code you supplied to another site (same theme, etc.), see the widget area in the dashboard, added the Genesis – Responsive Slider to that widget area, changed the slider settings to the correct dimensions, but it isn’t showing on the home page.

coralseait
    Participant

Do you see the markup for <div class="full-width" class="widget-area"> in your source?

If not, you may need to tweak your conditional checks, as it is a sign the test fails and doesn’t actually output the widget. Perhaps is_home() instead of is_front_page()

If you do see the markup something else is wrong with the slider itself. You’ve probably checked, but just make sure you are telling the slider to actually display something.

I can second Brad’s advice of using Soliloquy though, it is a fantastic plugin. I’m actually using it for a full width / size landing slider and it is fast as could be.

braddalton
    Participant

I would recommend Soliloquy and hook it in directly as it loads faster that way.

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

@braddalton I looked into that just a little and it looks like a great plugin. But I dont know how to “hook it in directly”. Also, can it be configured to automatically use the Featured image or will I have to copy and paste code like I used for the Dynamic Content Gallery?

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Also, in most cases, I’m using the slider to display images associated to a post.

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

I’ve checked & double checked, I’ve copied & pasted the code as suggested.
    @coralseait I’ve checked and the code is in the markup.
    But still not displaying full-width.

coralseait
    Participant

Are your images big enough for full width and do you have CSS appropriate for full width (ie the class and / or container / structural wrap are set width 100%) ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Full page width Genesis – Responsive Slider in Lifestyle Pro’ is closed to new replies.