Full post is showing on home page. How to change?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full post is showing on home page. How to change?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimmyc 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jimmyc
    Participant

Hi,

At this moment, on one of my websites the full post is showing on the homepage.

How can i edit the theme so that it will result in multiple post excerpts below eachother where each excerpt is only a few sentences long with an image next to each excerpt?

Best regards,

Jim

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

This is a perfect question for the help desk. :) The theme does this out of the box with the archive settings.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

jimmyc
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your response.

I already have the display post expert setting enabled where i can change the archive settings on the genesis setting page.

However, on the home page. Still the full post is visible.

Is it not possible to paste a code into the themefunctions area?

Would be higly appreciated if you could tell me which code, if you know.

Best regards,

Jim

p.s. i assume the designers of these themes also visit the forum and answer questions or am i wrong?

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

No the designers do not visit the forums. Neither does staff, usually.

This is a *community* based forum, not official support. Official support is in the help desk.

Right now, I have no idea what theme you are using on what site URL, so there could be half a dozen reasons it’s showing the full post.

It would be much better if you filed an actual help desk ticket. Login to http://my.studiopress.com/ and click the “Get Help” link on the right side.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

jimmyc
    Participant

Thank you very much for your answer. I will fill in an actual ticket right now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.