Full post on home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full post on home page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steffie 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

steffie
    Participant

Hi

I am using the Jane theme and am having problems on getting full posts to show on the front page. Under Content Archive there are the two choices of Display excerpt or Display post content.

I would like to show the full actual post on my front page, not the excerpt, but when I choose this option (Genesis Theme Settings), all I get is the content and no formatting (it does say that this will happen) and a continue reading link. I don’t want this either. The only way you can see the proper post is if you select the post from the home page..

What do I do to make this happen.. For the life of me I can’t get it to work like I would like to.. (I have very limited knowledge when it comes to this stuff too).

I have it set to excerpts at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stephanie

http://sewacrookedline.com

glbuzz
    Participant

I’m also using the Jane theme and show the full posts on my site. I have it set to “Display Post Content”. I just went in and set it to “Display Excerpt” and like on your site, it showed excerpts but as soon as I changed it back to “Display Post Content”, it again shows the entire post. It sounds like you have already tried that though so not sure why yours is not working the same way. Are you remembering to “Save” when you change to “Display Post Content”?

Sorry, that I can’t be more help but you are definitely in the right place to change what you are wanting to change.

Good luck.

Gladys
    http://www.moosetique.com

steffie
    Participant

Hi

Worked it out.. I was putting a character limit on it; even though I had it set for a lot, it was giving me what I said above. I have left it blank and it works…

thanks for your help.

Stephanie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Full post on home page’ is closed to new replies.