Full Screen Width Slider on Executive Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full Screen Width Slider on Executive Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vandalais
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I’m using the Executive Pro theme and would like to use a full screen width slider. I’d like to keep the content area the same size. Should I move the slider out of the content container or make the page full width and then change the css for the container? Is there a short code for the Responsive Slider?

I’m trying some different designs on the site. Moving the slider above the wrap also moves the site logo and menu below the slider. It’s a different look but I’m not sure how much I like it.

Any thoughts on the design and ways to move the slider are greatly appreciated.

Depending on when you look at the site ellis.keithjamesdesigns.com , I may have the Wow slider above the page wrap.

Follow me on Twitter

http://ellis.keithjamesdesigns.com

braddalton
    Participant

You could hook in a widget using the genesis_before_content hook

vandalais
    Participant

That’s actually what I am using on the site right now. I’m using a short code to display the Wow slider. The only issue with doing it this way is that it pushes the logo and navigation below the slider. I kind of like the look but I’m not sure how this will affect usability.

Follow me on Twitter

braddalton
    Participant

You can use the shortcode or template tag in a custom function with any WordPress or genesis hook.

https://gist.github.com/braddalton/eb5774531a42e9525298

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.