Full width layout – Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full width layout – Lifestyle Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chantal2012 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

chantal2012
    Participant

Can someone recommend a good tutorial to set up a full-width layout on the Lifestyle theme?

Thanks

Chantal

braddalton
    Participant

The theme already offers a full width page layout.

You could also copy the landing page template, rename it and change the template name and remove all the remove actions.

You can then change the width using CSS.

chantal2012
    Participant

I’m still wondering about this issue…when I say full width layout, I mean that the width of the site automatically fits the width of the screen, on whatever size monitor.

chantal2012
    Participant

I’m thinking this would be called a “fluid” width layout? Is that correct?

braddalton
    Participant

I think you’ll find all SP themes are responsive and do resize according to the size of the screen

Further improvements in responsiveness are being built into Genesis 2.0.

chantal2012
    Participant

Yes but how do I get it to resize automatically?  For instance, with the Lifestyle Theme the wrap has a width of 960px…how do make it so that it resizes automatically to the width of the screen?  I’m not sure if I’m explaining myself correctly…

Gary10
    Participant

Chantal, I’d like to do the same thing. Some years ago, I played with fluid layouts, percents and ems instead of pixels, would like to do the same thing with my new site. Have you succeeded?

chantal2012
    Participant

Hi Gary,

No…I have kind of given up on it…:(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.