Full width outside site container?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full width outside site container?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron Eaton 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ShannonM
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone had a quick tip or suggestion on adding a full width widget area to my homepage? I am using minimum pro and adding another widget area under the home-featured widget area on the homepage. The problem is I want this area to be full width, but it is within the .site-inner container that has a structural wrap around it. If I remove the structural wrap for .site-inner it breaks the entire site. Any suggestions on how I could make this new area full width with a wrap without re-structuring the site, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron Eaton
    Participant

You can probably solve this by inserting the new widget area just after the header. This should keep it outside of .site-inner.

add_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'your_widget_function_here' );

J. Aaron Eaton – WordPress Consultant
    Website

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Aaron Eaton. Reason: Forgot to close the code block
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Aaron Eaton. Reason: Forgot to close the code block
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.