Full width slider inside fixed width wrap

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full width slider inside fixed width wrap

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AdamF 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey Everyone,

I am currently working on recreating the template for http://www.kelloggmarketing.net using the Genesis Framework. The main issue I am having is creating the full width slider that is found throughout the site. Right now #wrap in the css file is restricting its width, and it looks like the entire page is contained within it.

I could hack the framework to get the results that I want, but I was wondering if there is a simple way to get a full width slider. I have been working with the Genesis Responsive Slider so far, but if there is a different slider I should use, I am happy to switch.

I am somewhat new to Genesis, so please be thorough with your solutions if they use something very specific to Genesis.

Hi Adam

You could easily display another slider in any Genesis hook location using a conditional tag for the home page.

Change the genesis_hook if needed.

Or another slider:

Code not displaying? Grab it on Github.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Hey Brad,

Thanks for your response. My issue is not adding a slider to the theme, but adding a slider that spans 100% of the screen while the rest of the page continues to be a centered fixed width.

Do you understand what I mean?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.