Full width slider inside fixed width wrap

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Full width slider inside fixed width wrap

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AdamF 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AdamF
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

I am currently working on recreating the template for http://www.kelloggmarketing.net using the Genesis Framework. The main issue I am having is creating the full width slider that is found throughout the site. Right now #wrap in the css file is restricting its width, and it looks like the entire page is contained within it.

I could hack the framework to get the results that I want, but I was wondering if there is a simple way to get a full width slider. I have been working with the Genesis Responsive Slider so far, but if there is a different slider I should use, I am happy to switch.

I am somewhat new to Genesis, so please be thorough with your solutions if they use something very specific to Genesis.

Thanks!
    -Adam

braddalton
    Participant

Hi Adam

You could easily display another slider in any Genesis hook location using a conditional tag for the home page.

Change the genesis_hook if needed.

Or another slider:

Code not displaying? Grab it on Github.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

AdamF
    Participant

Hey Brad,

Thanks for your response. My issue is not adding a slider to the theme, but adding a slider that spans 100% of the screen while the rest of the page continues to be a centered fixed width.

Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks,
    -Adam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.