General Video Question on Genesis

Community Forums Forums General Discussion General Video Question on Genesis

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

captscurvy
    Participant

Hi Forum:

I’ll soon be constructing a new website and I’m very excited about everything I’ve seen regarding Genesis, with one important exception. My site will feature a static home page, to which I’d like to add an actual video file, and not just an embedded video from YouTube or Vimeo. I’ve seen examples of static Genesis homepages with YouTube video embedded on them, but I’d really much prefer to have the video file uploaded to my site itself, rather than have video embedded from another site (YouTube, Vimeo, etc).

I’ve spent about an hour poking around wordpress and studiopress and looking at genesis child themes and actual real world genesis sites, but I haven’t found anything yet to confirm that what I want to do is possible. Can anyone advise me on this, or at least point me to an example of what I’m trying to do on a genesis site?

Thanks in advance!

anitac
    Participant

There are a lot of different types WordPress video plugins that you can install to show your own hosted video file. Just search the repository to see what will work best for you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.