Generate Genesis Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Generate Genesis Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tanay69 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tanay69

Check this another site which uses this Generate theme of yours: http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/

What I want is the post should appear on the homepage like this blog one after one not like the 2 big and then 4 small like the demo. How can I configure my homepage like this? Hope you are getting me.

In other words, I want to remove the grid loop code.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  tanay69.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  tanay69.
    http://eduinfo.us/

nutsandbolts

Look in the Generate theme folder for a file called home.php – rename it to something like home-old.php (that will prevent the theme from finding and using it) and you’ll be able to display normal blog posts without the grid.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

tanay69

Where can I find a Genesis theme folder?

nutsandbolts

You’ll need to look at all the files on your hosting account, either via CPanel or FTP, and navigate to /wp-content/themes/generate/. The home.php file will be in that folder.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

tanay69

Thanks a lot Andrea! One more thing, this I guess is a really basic query but I think it is because it has only been 2-3 days since I started using WordPress. How can I control my top horizontal navigation? I added pages but they are not showing up in the horizontal navigation on the top

nutsandbolts

No worries! It takes some time to get used to WordPress, so don’t be too hard on yourself. :)

Have you created a menu under Appearance > Menus and added the pages to it? Once you do that, you also need to check the box under your menu to tell it whether that menu is primary navigation or secondary navigation. After you create the menu, add the pages to it, check the box, and save, you should be able to see it on the site.

tanay69

Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.