Genesis 1.8.x and WordPress 3.5?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis 1.8.x and WordPress 3.5?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ithacaindy 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

I’m experiencing a timelag between the time I click on a sidebar in the admin area and when it opens to add/remove widgets. This is something I’ve just experienced with WordPress 3.5 and Genesis. When I activate a non-Genesis theme, the lag goes away.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I haven’t been able to replicate this in my 1.8.2 installs. Could you please disable all plugins and test.

ithacaindy
    Participant

I’ve tracked the problem down to the Chrome browser. I disabled all plugins. In Chrome (23.0.1271.64), and Genesis 1.8.x or 1.9 beta the sidebars won’t respond to clicks in the admin area. However, I switched to Firefox and the problem didn’t appear.

There is another issue (for which I filed a support ticket) of being unable to remove the title text and description text in the custom header set-up. I unselect the title/description text for the header, press ‘save’, and the checkbox is reenabled and the text is back. This happens in both Chrome and Firefox, Genesis 1.8.x and 1.9 beta.

ithacaindy
    Participant

I fixed the title text issue by putting a display:none in the title a css. The main problem was fixed by changing to Firefox.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.