Genesis 1.9 mobile menu

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis 1.9 mobile menu

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Neu 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

netviper
    Participant

I thought Genesis 1.9.1 was supposed to include a mobile menu like the one in twitter bootstrap.  Did this not make it in?  Styling the menu’s for the responsive design is not very easy, so I was looking forward to this very much.

Are there any genesis plugins to do this?

David Decker

Hi there!

No, as the Genesis About page – after automatic upgrade from a 1.8.x install – says it will come with next major version, that is 2.0.

Currently, there is no specific Genesis plugin for mobile menus, but you could use this general WordPress plugin, which per last version also works fine with Genesis child themes (as of my testing at least): http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/responsive-select-menu/

Otherwise you have to add some solution yourself, which are:
    - fully CSS3 powered
    - conditional: load other menu on mobile state, then disable the regular ones
    - plugin solutions like the one above
    - handcoded custom solution

Robert Neu
    Participant

I wrote a genesis mobile menu tutorial for this a few weeks back. I’m planning on following it up with some more guidence on styling the menu soon. If you have any questions you can ask in the comments on my post! :)

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.