Genesis 2.0 Automatic Updates

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis 2.0 Automatic Updates

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  electricbrick 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

electricbrick
    Participant

I manage a ridiculous number of Genesis sites, and 2.0 automatic updates are not showing up for any of them. Anyone else experiencing this?

David Chu
    Participant

I’ve had no problems at all. In Genesis theme settings, do you have “enable automatic updates” checked? Beyond that, I don’t know. May be a hosting issue.

Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

electricbrick
    Participant

Yes, “automatic updates” is enabled on 20+ Rackspace-hosted sites, and no Genesis updates available on a single site.

It would be nice to have a way to force Genesis updates like WordPress core re-installs can be forced. I’m really not looking forward to updating all these sites manually.

David Chu
    Participant

I’m sorry,
    You’ve got me there. Maybe somebody else knows. If your regular WordPress theme and plugin updates appear, then maybe Rackspace is cool. (if not, check with them!)

You could try official SP support or ask one of the Genesis developers on Twitter.

Good luck, D

electricbrick
    Participant

WP 3.6 Updates appear, as do plugin updates (though some are sporadically showing up depending on the WP version now, especially Genesis-based plugins).

I tweeted a link to this thread on Friday, haven’t heard anything.

EDIT: My MediaTemple-hosted sites show the update notification.

David Chu
    Participant

My last idea (and it may yield nothing), if nothing else helps…. do some examining and testing in here:

\wp-content\themes\genesis\lib\functions\upgrade.php

electricbrick
    Participant

Thanks, but that didn’t work. I think that the upgrade path has a unique key contained in the URI that is required, and it gets automatically generated when a request is made to update, in order to prevent people from being able to directly download Genesis without paying for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.