Genesis 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  abuyer 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

sarge
    Participant

Now that wp 3.6 is released, do you have a rough release date for genesis 2.0

looking forward to trying out the new themes

billerickson
    Participant

It will be coming out early next week: https://twitter.com/bgardner/status/363053913559146497

sarge
    Participant

Awesome!

thanks

William
    Participant

Crap. Another weekend lost when I had time to work on it.

mediaguru
    Participant

Good to Know: Looks like a busy weekend for many next week.

codable
    Participant

I am really excited about the release.

So, PLEEEEASE, don’t let us wait longer!
    ;-)

The RC was removed from the download section. A good sign? :-)

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  codable.

William
    Participant

No idea if it’s a good sign or not. The lack of communication about the release is as frustrating as the lack of communication about WordPress 3.6.

Marco
    Participant

codable
    Participant

You’re right, William. It’s a bit frustrating.

I am waiting with projects. I want to start them with WP 3.6 and Genesis 2.0.

An official statement on the blog after the release of WP 3.6 would have been nice. I thought Genesis 2.0 will be released immediatly after the release of WP 3.6. But it seems that big things are going on. Hopefully ;-)

William
    Participant

I agree. I understand that some additional development or preparation time after WordPress 3.6 dropped could be necessary. What I don’t understand is why there was no communication to an audience that was already told it would ship when WordPress 3.6 ships. Many of us were expecting it right away, only to be left disappointed and confused.

Just a brief note about the status is all we needed so that we could set expectations and manage our businesses that depend upon the software. It’s a courtesy.

snakeair
    Participant

Be patient folks. StudioPress does not want to release a product that has bug’s. I rather wait longer for a product that is perfect with no bug’s so I can upgrade 1 time, make additional theme edit’s and focus on drinking beer. :P

codable
    Participant

@Marco:

Oh that’s nice to hear. I don’t follow Brian, because he tweets a bit too much. My timeline would implode. ;-)

@snakeair

You’re absolutely right snakeair. But it’s so hard to wait. ;-) Excited customers should be recognized as a compliment. :-) But the communication could be better. Not every customer follows Brian on Twitter, like me.

Here it is 4:14 pm. So you maybe can understand my little impatience. My workday is nearly over. But I think there will be a extra shift. ;-)

snakeair
    Participant

I am subscribed to his official blog and other sites/accounts online.

<— has plans for HTML 5 stuff and new theme in mind but like everyone else, this Snake waiting on 2.0

My web host websynthesis just allowed us to upgraded to 3.6 yesterday. Hopefully this a sign 2.0 is coming before this weekend. (I’m going out of town this weekend and hope it’s released before I leave)

William
    Participant

@Snakeair: It isn’t a matter of asking them to rush the release. It’s a lack of information about the progress of the release that is frustrating. It’s much easier to be patient when someone shares information about that progress. A lack of communication leads to impatience.

codable
    Participant

The tweet linked by @Marco says: Release day, powered by none other than Starbucks. #genesiswp

So, today should be the day. ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.