Genesis 2 Release Date

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis 2 Release Date

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Derek 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ravi Ahuja

Hello Everyone,

As Genesis 2 is underdevelopment, can anyone tell when it is going to release.

I want to customize my Genesis theme but I have doubt that Genesis 2 will come with major changes and I am waiting for Genesis 2 before customizing my Genesis skin.

Is it worth to wait for Genesis 2 or I can customize my Genesis theme and it will not effected by new release.

Thank you
    Ravi Ahuja

Disclaimer: I don’t work for StudioPress, so I don’t have all the answers…

No release date has been set for Genesis 2. I believe they are waiting in the release of WP3.6.

As for changes? I think the biggest one will be the addition of HTML5.

Let me see if I can find further news.

Susan @ One Happy Studio I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

My understanding is that any code customizations you perform now will get overwritten by a new code update.  It’s your call if you want to make changes on the existing site.

WordPress 3.6 was targeted for April 29th, but now I see a May 20th date on the roadmap.  I have no idea if Genesis 2.0 will release on that date or sometime after it.

Ravi Ahuja

I am also thinking it will be better idea to wait for Genesis 2 and WordPress 3.6 before customizing my theme.

Beta testing has not started yet for Genesis Framework 2.0 and expect it to be released after WordPress updates. No use releasting and update before WordPress has a chance to roll out there update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.