Genesis and bbPress

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis and bbPress

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Len
    Participant

I was playing around with the bbPress plugin and Genesis on a local install and noticed a strange error. If you are logged in as administrator and click the edit link for your forum profile you see the error in the screen cap linked below.

It seems the function that loads the layout settings displayed on the profile page only does so in the backend and not the forum profile page. Am I on the right track?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You might try this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-genesis-extend/

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Len
    Participant

Hi Jen

Already using that plugin. Deactivated all other plugins to rule out any potential conflicts. I’m going to dig into the Genesis core to see if I can figure out what is what.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Yes, the layout would only work when inside the admin area. I can replicate this and do see it shows only for administrators.

Try this to disable the layout options and other user profile additions on the bbPress Profile Edit page:
    add_action( 'genesis_before', 'bbpress_remove_user_admin_settings' );
    function bbpress_remove_user_admin_settings() {
    if ( bbp_is_single_user_edit() ) {
    remove_action( 'show_user_profile', 'genesis_user_options_fields' );
    remove_action( 'show_user_profile', 'genesis_user_layout_fields' );
    remove_action( 'show_user_profile', 'genesis_user_seo_fields' );
    remove_action( 'show_user_profile', 'genesis_user_archive_fields' );
    }
    }

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Len
    Participant

Hi Jen,

That’s perfect! I had already figured out how to disable the extra settings but it was site-wide, not what I really wanted. I was trying to figure out how to disable them on the bbPress profile page only.

Thanks a million. You saved me a whole bunch of time. :)

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!

Edit: Jared will likely address this in the next version of http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-genesis-extend/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Genesis and bbPress’ is closed to new replies.