Genesis appearance-header to work same way as non genesis themes

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis appearance-header to work same way as non genesis themes

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  andym119 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

andym119

Is it possible to get the genesis-appearance-header in the admin to work exactly the same as themes such as the twentyfourteen theme.

For example, I will have a multisite and one of my themes header width will be 980px. (By default, I will not have a header height in the css, so the header height will just be the same height as the site title and description.)

Then When users upload a header in the admin I would like it to say:
    “Images should be at least 980 pixels wide. Suggested width is 980 pixels.” (and if possible not include a suggested height or any other mention of height.)
    Then when cropping, I would like it to be cropped without the ratio as genesis crops the image in ratio where the height affects the width.
    And then there to be no height restrictions so the header height will be displayed on the users blog the same height the user saved it as.

andym119

Found the answer, just needed to do some changes to genesis-custom-header and make some changes to the following:

// Add support for custom header
    $defaults = array(
    ‘default-image’ => ”,
    ‘random-default’ => false,
    ‘width’ => 980,
    ‘height’ => 0,
    ‘flex-height’ => true,
    ‘flex-width’ => false,
    ‘default-text-color’ => ”,
    ‘header-text’ => true,
    ‘uploads’ => true,
    ‘wp-head-callback’ => ”,
    ‘admin-head-callback’ => ”,
    ‘admin-preview-callback’ => ”,
    );
    add_theme_support( ‘custom-header’, $defaults );

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  andym119.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  andym119.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.