Genesis basic theme responsive?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis basic theme responsive?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mikevisions
    Participant

I am testing the basic Genesis theme on an Andriod smartphone and Ipad and neither are responsive. Testing the Genesis demo gives the same results yet both show the responsive versions on the studiopress responsive tester.

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

The base Genesis Theme with no child theme uses the css for mobile responsive but does not add the meta viewport tag to avoid interference with child themes. The recommended method of using Genesis as a base is to download the sample child theme, which does include that viewport tag. This also allows you to customize it without it being overwritten on upgrade :)

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

mikevisions
    Participant

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the info.

I understand about not editing the base theme but could not understand why it was not in itself responsive.

Mike.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. Yep, it’s basically just that viewport metatag.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Genesis basic theme responsive?’ is closed to new replies.