Genesis Beta 2 Beginner

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Beta 2 Beginner

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stewart 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

philgenesis
    Participant

Hello Community,

I used to build Joomla sites using youjoomla themes and I recently decided to dig into wordpress template design and website building. In order to build templates for my customers I would like to be very flexible when it comes to design, layout and features.

I checked 3 days for all available wordpress frameworks and all have pro and cons. So far gantry is on my list, but I am just a bit frustrated that I am tied to the framework so much while developing.

Some things that are important to me:

- SEO optimized (I know you got that covered and it’s important to me)
    - LightWeight Code, Modern Code (less css, css overrides with one file, html5)
    - Fast loading time of page
    - Fair Price (I think your price is fair if Gensis is what I think)
    - Updating Core while keeping my developed theme untouched (I think your child theme feature will provide this)
    - In frontend I want all head URL references to point to my companies or customers folder name (or theme name).
    - I will need a very flexible mega menu either with Genesis or using a ThirdParty Plugin like ubermenu (this plugin won’t work with gantry’s latest version)
    - Community (well, I found this right here)
    - Focus on important features in backend rather then making it feature rich with bugs

Is there a feature video with your Genesis Beta 2 at this point or even a test installation I could use? I would like to pay, but first I need to get a touch on the backend to see what I can do. Before I spend hours getting to know the insides of a framework, I want to make sure that the chosen framework supports my developing process and won’t limit me to just framework specific plugins. I am currently testing all Frameworks with WordPress on my server.

Cheers…

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  philgenesis.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  philgenesis.

Stewart
    Participant

Hi,

Heres a few videos you could check out : http://studiopress.tv/.

But YES to all your things important to you, you should not be limited by Genesis at all, think of it as a very well coded Parent Theme which you build all your child themes from. So when Genesis gets updated your child theme stays untouched.

I’ve been developing with genesis for a while now and would not change, only thing is like any framework there is a learning curve.

Not sure on a Genesis Beta test installation tbh maybe contact the guys @studiopress pre-sales department

Stewart

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.