Genesis Beta Child Theme and Style.css

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Beta Child Theme and Style.css

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  horizonsofchaos 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

I’m working with the beta of Genesis 2.0. I can create a child theme by editing the sample child theme. However, when I try to create a child theme, pointing to the Genesis beta, the style.css never loads (I view the HTML and there is no link to my style.css file.).

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  ithacaindy.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  ithacaindy.
    http://www.ithacaindy.com

cdils
    Participant

Hey there,
    Did you get this working? The child theme doesn’t have to “point” to Genesis beta. So long as Genesis beta is installed and your child theme is active, it should work.

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

horizonsofchaos
    Participant

Sorry to bump a dead post but this is the only one I’ve found that seems relevant to an issue I’m currently experiencing. I just downloaded the 2.0 beta and sample theme because I wanted to try and start a design for an upcoming website. I created a new folder in my theme’s directory, copied the contents of the sample theme to the new folder, and changed the theme name in the style.css. Once I activated the new theme however, the css doesn’t load at all. I’m not sure what I’m missing, but I literally only changed the theme name in the css and somehow it no longer works.

horizonsofchaos
    Participant

Nevermind. Just realized I wasn’t paying attention when I created the folder name for the new theme and I had a space in there. Definitely not one of my brighter moments.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.