Genesis Connect w/Woo Commerce

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Connect w/Woo Commerce

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Murray 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dathaeus
    Participant

Ok so I just took out WP and started over.  I was able to go all the way into installing Dynamik after Genesis and no problems.  Then when I was to install Woo Commerce, it says you have to install the plug in Genesis Connect for Woo Commerce.  So I do that, but I cant activate it because of this:

[QUOTE]Sorry! In order to use the Genesis Connect for WooCommerce plugin you need to do the following:

Install and activate the WooCommerce plugin.

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php:
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-connect-woocommerce’ );[/QUOTE]

So I add that line to the file in the Dynamik folder, and i still states the same error and wont go away.

Was I supposed to install Woo Connect BEFORE installing Dynamik to Genesis, or am I doing something else wrong?

Al
    Participant

Hey, I’m considering the same configuration with WooCommerce, did you get an answer or figure it out? Would really appreciate your solution if you’ve fixed the challenge.

thanks,

Al

Craig Dunning
    Participant

I’m having the same problem in the education theme.

Bill Murray
    Participant

I can’t speak to the Dynamik issue, but for Education (at least the most recent version), the code and WooCommerce work fine.

This forum sometimes messes up code, so be sure to check that your quote marks are not slanted but instead go straight up/down and make sure you add the line of code after the call to init.php near the top of your child theme’s functions.php and before the closing tag (if it exists).

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

DanielJLewis
    Participant

Has anyone figured this out? I’m using the Generate theme, added the code to the functions.php file (and retyped the quotation marks). I have WooCommerce 2.0.8 and Genesis Connect for WooCommerce 0.9.5.

But I still can’t get it to work.

PrintsCharming
    Participant

I’ve pasted the code:

add_theme_support( ‘genesis-connect-woocommerce’ )

into my functions.php file but it completely knocks out my site.

Has anyone figured this out? OR could you lead me in the right direction for WooCommerce/Genesis Integration without having to purchase a WooCommerce theme?

DanielJLewis
    Participant

jmakaw, if that’s the exact lin you used, you simply forgot the closing semicolon, which PHP requires.

PrintsCharming
    Participant

DanielJLewis does that mean you got it to work? I’m going to retry once again.

DanielJLewis
    Participant

Your problem is due to incomplete code. The problems we’re describing here are different.

In my particular case with the Generate child theme, I still can’t get Genesis Connect for WooCommerce to activate. However, WooCommerce seems to work just fine on that site.

But on another site where I’ve developed my own child theme, Genesis Connect for WooCommerce activates without a problem.

Bill Murray
    Participant

You may get some benefit from my post in this thread. The need for this code is a little bit overstated.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.