Genesis Customize Not Working

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Customize Not Working

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fmurad

Hey guys, I’m trying to customize the Genesis theme (no child theme) and the customize page comes up blank. Any ideas as to why? I can’t customize anything at the moment

http://beat-tweaks.com

David Browne
    Participant

Try deactivating some of your plugins, you seem to have an awful lot of stylesheets and js being loaded. Other than that I don’t know. Should work straight out of the box, even with no child theme.

We are Dave & Erin. Full time travellers and designers. Currently in Sydney. Follow us on Google +. I’m new to twitter so be the first to say hey Twitter

Note: Known to give only give negative critique on design. I don’t mean to offend anybody, it is just more efficient pointing out mistakes than saying “yes, its beautiful” every time. :)

fmurad

That’s really strange, could it be that I have so many themes installed (not activated)? Because the plugins I have installed are nothing crazy or anything, and not all of them are activated either.

Summer
    Participant

Is the theme you’re trying to customize the active theme? I’ve never tried activating the framework and trying to use Customize on it.

Also, not having a child theme is going to cause major problems for you later on. As soon as you update Genesis, you will lose all of your customizations.

Why don’t you have a child theme installed? The Sample Theme comes with Genesis… you should at least use that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.