Genesis Extender OR Design Palette Pro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Extender OR Design Palette Pro

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kellylise 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

chalfant
    Participant

Discovered another Genesis app but wondering which is more powerful handling CSS customization on a HTML5 Child theme. Any input welcome, thanks.

http://thevaperstable.com/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    They both look great. The answer would be – it depends. :) My take: for someone who hates to touch code, but wants what CSS customization does, the Design Palette looks good. For someone who is willing and able to write CSS, it looks as though the Extender will facilitate that, as well as giving easy access to some geekier programming bits.

Caveat – I write code quickly and easily, so I don’t own these.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

chalfant
    Participant

Dave,

Thanks for your input.
    I may be wrong but feel that Extender may offer a bit more for those willing to dabble in code.
    Guess I’ll go try and see if there’s a demo for Palette Pro.

essaysnark
    Participant

One factor that we noticed: Extender has a no-questions-asked 30 day refund policy. Palette Pro does not.

Extender also seems like it does a lot more besides just the CSS part.

@chalfant, would be curious to learn your impressions after you’ve worked with these.

David Chu
    Participant

My main man Snark always has some good thoughts. :) It’s also true that Palette Pro, while looking very spiffy, is quite new, and Extender has been around quite awhile.

Another thing I notice that’s nearly universal is that no matter how fancy (or well-advertised) any of these WYSIWYG tools and themes are, they won’t do everything a person wants them to do. :-)

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

chalfant
    Participant

Yes, extender seems to have a bit more under the hood than Palette pro.
    That’s the route I’m going now.
    Thanks for all the input.

faiekg

Thanks !! Am also sitting in a conundrum on which to purchase , The extender is also unlimited use for less. I want to design specific parts of my sites and the looking and learning is taking a little too long , off course I will still learn as I go along , I just need a better quicker solution for now !!

azTami

Did you try extender or Palette Pro? What were your thoughts on them?

Kellylise
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.