Genesis Featured Pages – line break

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Featured Pages – line break

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DreamCorner 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DreamCorner
    Participant

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help please….

I’ve used the Genesis Featured Pages on my website – http://www.audio-byte.co.uk, but as you can see on the homepage it’s just a chuck of text which is not easy on the eye to assimilate.

Is there any way I can have a paragraph that breaks up the text that shows, please? There are paragraphs on the main pages but they don’t show up when used in the widget area.

Thanks for your response…

Viv

http://www.audio-byte.co.uk

Anita
    Participant

Hi Viv, the Excerpt function strips all HTML formatting. Try adding Brad’s instructions on how to add it back. Seems his tutorial has been help many people lately – http://wpsites.net/wordpress-tips/add-back-html-tags-stripped-from-content-limit-excerpts-in-wordpress/. Post back if it works for you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

DreamCorner
    Participant

Thanks Anitac. I know this is going to sound pathetic, but that was a bit too complicated for me :)! I went into the Functions php, but couldn’t find the codes from the link you sent….

Anita
    Participant

Oh, with his instructions.. you add the code to what you already have. He has a code there. Just copy it and paste it into your functions.php file.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

DreamCorner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

jbculp
    Participant

I know this is a rather old post but I’ve had this same problem and just discovered that Eric Decker created a plugin that is the Genesis Featured Page widget with tons of extra’s including the ability to add custom text blocks that DO NOT loose their formatting. Seems a perfectly simple solution if you don’t want to customize your PHP.

Here is the link to Genesis Featured Page Extras

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  jbculp.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  jbculp.

DreamCorner
    Participant

Jbculp – you are awesome!!!! Thank you so much for sending the link!!!! Appreciate it! :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.