Genesis Featured Post Widget – How to Exclude 1 Category?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Featured Post Widget – How to Exclude 1 Category?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mpet29 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

Would like to exclude 1 Category on the Home Page for the Featured Posts Widget.  How do I do this?  This is for a subsite on a Multisite version.

Thanks!!

CK

cehwitham
    Participant

Using the Genesis Featured Widget amplified plugin would add the Exclude Category option to this widget.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/genesis-featured-widget-amplified/

Then you can just set it to exclude and put in the ID of the category you don’t want to show.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

lifeasahuman
    Participant

Hi there,

Is there a way to do this ‘without’ using GFWA?

mpet29

Exactly what I came here to ask. Is there a way to do it without the plugin? It hasn’t been updated in two years and appears to be poorly supported.

philby

My question as well, to which I haven’t found an answer in many many Google searches.
    The only working solution so far is to use the Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget, which unfortunately messes up the order of title – post info – post excerpt (at least I haven’t been able to get it to do it this way).

mpet29

@philby — there ended up not being a good way to do this, so I created a Custom Post Type instead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.