Genesis Featured Post widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Featured Post widget

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ahufford 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

khcreativemedia
    Participant

I’m having problems with this plugin showing the “content” instead of “excerpt” on all pages except the home page. I’m using the Platinum theme, although I also test it with the “Minimum” theme and get the same results. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this from happening?

radbmxteam.com

Thanks,
    Keith

khcreativemedia
    Participant

Anyone? Surely I’m not the only one experiencing this since I tried in multiple templates.

Thanks, Keith

TishaOehmen
    Participant

Keith, I generally use the “Show Content Limit” setting rather than excerpt. It allows you to determine how long the excerpt is on the page for aesthetic reasons and gives you more control over the “read more” link. See if that solves your problem.

Tisha Oehmen, Paradux Media Group
    Twitter: @TishaOehmen

khcreativemedia
    Participant

Tisha,

I need the size of each post in the widget to vary, so excerpt is really my best choice. I’m using it as mini bio’s, and some people will have more info and/or characters than others.

Thanks again,

Keith

TishaOehmen
    Participant

Ah, that makes sense. I’m able to get the excerpt option to work with the following settings:

“Show Excerpt”
    Limit content to 0 characters

That works on my site. Give it a try?

khcreativemedia
    Participant

No luck, still getting the content on all pages except the home page. :(

Keith

TishaOehmen
    Participant

You’re talking about the bios on the right? Those look like they aren’t long enough character-wise to actually cutoff with the excerpt. What happens if you add a bunch of greek text to the end of one? Does it show through on the excerpt setting?

khcreativemedia
    Participant

I think you just said something that set off alarm. I’m not actually using the excerpt created due to the limit, but instead using the more tag with the editor. While this still seems to be working fine on the home page, it may be the problem on the other pages.

Keith

TishaOehmen
    Participant

That sounds like where I leave off and let a more experienced coder jump in and try to help. :D Glad you’re making progress though!

khcreativemedia
    Participant

Thanks Tisha. I actually contacted support and gave Nick my login info for him to look around. Hopefully he can help me out and if it’s a problem, make corrections in the next release.

Keith

ahufford
    Participant

I have this same issue.  Would love to use the excerpt instead of content w/limit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.