Genesis – Featured Posts?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis – Featured Posts?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jmrallen 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jmrallen
    Participant

I’ve seen a few theme setup tutorials like today’s for the Agency Pro theme that show a Genesis – Featured Posts widget in their setup. Going through those tutorials, it never mentions that the widget is a required plugin download, which leads me to believe that it’s built-in to Genesis 2.0. I also searched for it in WP plugins and can’t find it. However, for the life of me I can’t find it in my installation either. Is Genesis – Featured Posts indeed a plugin, or is my installation of Genesis 2.0 stupid? :-)

I’ve been using the Genesis – Featured Widget Amplified for years now, but if Genesis – Featured Posts does essentially the same thing and is built-in, I’d love to nix a plugin from my installation.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

“Genesis – Featured Posts” widget is built in.

Try updating Genesis to 2.0.1.

jmrallen
    Participant

I just double-checked, and I’m updated to 2.0.1. I see the Genesis – Featured Page, but I don’t see the Featured Post widget. Could it be that the Featured Widget Amplified overwrites it for some reason?

jmrallen
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I have two separate instances of Genesis 2.0.1 installed, and I don’t see Genesis – Featured Posts widget in either of them. I have the Featured Widget Amplified plugin installed in both instances, which is what makes me wonder whether that plugin ‘overwrites’ the Genesis – Featured Posts somehow. I don’t know why it would, but I can’t come up with any other reason why I’d be unable to see the Genesis – Featured Posts widget at all in two separate instances.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

You may want to deactivate that plugin and see if the widget appears.

jmrallen
    Participant

That did the trick! Thanks so much.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Genesis – Featured Posts?’ is closed to new replies.