Genesis Featured Widget Amplified, any alternative?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Featured Widget Amplified, any alternative?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gordy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gordy
    Participant

I had onced used Genesis Featured Widget Amplified on one of my sites and the site home page was distorted and even when I removed the GFWA plugin, I cannot get the Genesis featured post on the home page back to display correctly anymore.  I guessed that there was a conflict between GFWA and another plugin(s).

Now, I still need Genesis Featured Widget Amplified to be able to easily select with post ID which post to show on the featured post section on my site but, I am afraid that the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified (GFWA) will not conflict with another plugin and have same earlier experience and I would like someone to suggest an alternative plugin to Genesis Featured Widget Amplified.

All i want to achieve is to be able to easily exclude post(s) using post id so that I can still select all categories on the featured post widget and I would still be able to exclude one or two posts from two different categories.

Thanks in advance.

http://

jdingman
    Participant

I would try to figure out what’s going on with that other plugin first. GFWA is a great plugin, I use the widget instance multiple times on my homepage.

Learn more about Genesis.

WordPress News, tips, and tricks – WPForce.com

blogjunkie
    Participant

I’ve recently played around with the Zone Manager plugin. It allows you to hand pick what posts display in a ‘zone’ - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/zoninator/

It’s more complicated than GFWA though – you’ll need to code the output on your own.

WordPress evangelist, Nike runner, Apple fanboy.
    Work: ClickWP WordPress Support, Play: adventures of a blogjunkie. Talk to me on Twitter @blogjunkie

jdingman
    Participant

A plugin like that is definitely outside the normal realm of WordPress and widgets, so it could be causing some issues.

I would try to stick with using WordPress Widgets instead.

I don’t think it has anything to do with GFWA, but it has more to do with the Zoninator plugin.

Gordy
    Participant

I don’t get you very clearly.

1. GFWA is a wordpress plugin that is found in the wp plugin repository. What do you mean by “A plugin like that is definitely outside the normal realm of WordPress and widgets” ?

2. What do you mean by “Zoninator plugin” in

I hope to hear from you.

jdingman
    Participant

I would try contacting the author of Zoninator.  I haven’t used the plugin before, but it sounds like something that isn’t native with WordPress.

Gordy
    Participant

Hej jdingman, both of your two responses above are contradictory. I don’t get it

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Gordy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Gordy.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.