Genesis Featured Widget Amplified Not Showing "Read More" for Excepts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Featured Widget Amplified Not Showing "Read More" for Excepts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  coralsea 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

coralsea

Hi,

I installed Genesis Featured Widget Amplified. I am using the Magazine Pro theme. I would like to show post excerpts instead of content limits. But when I changed the settings to show post excerpts the “Read More” button disappears. Does anyone know how to have it show up, or at least “Read more” inline?

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by  coralsea.
    • This topic was modified 5 months ago by  coralsea.

coralsea

I realized this is the default for the regular Genesis Featured Widget as well. I did some more research on here, and found a link to this post: http://wpsmith.net/2011/wp/how-to-add-read-more-link-to-excerpts-in-your-genesis-child-theme/

but the code snippet is not working for me. It suggests adding this to your functions.php file:

// Add Read More Link to Excerpts
    add_filter(‘excerpt_more’, ‘get_read_more_link’);
    add_filter( ‘the_content_more_link’, ‘get_read_more_link’ );
    function get_read_more_link() {
    return ‘… Read More…‘;
    }

Could this possibly have something to do with the Magazine Pro child theme specifically? I tried deactivating the Amplified widget and that did not help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.