Genesis Featured Widget Amplified Plugin for Site Archives

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Featured Widget Amplified Plugin for Site Archives

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

liannef

Hey There!

I installed this plugin to display my most recent posts as an archive link. It worked ABSOLUTELY amazingly until last sometime last week. Since Nick doesn’t seem to be supporting the plugin any longer, is there an alternative to this?

I’d like to display my 200 most recent posts with a thumbnail on a page – is that possible?

Thanks..

Lianne

http://www.themakeupgirl.net

http://www.themakeupgirl.net

Anita
    Participant

You can create a page called “Recent Posts”, then select the Blog Template, then save it. That will give you the ability to have the page of posts you want. Add the new Recent Posts page to your navigation.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

liannef

AWESOME THANK YOU!! Also, do you know if I can display an intro paragraph before the posts??

Anita
    Participant

It’s not in there by default for just the Blog page. But, Brad Dalton wrote a tutorial on how to add a widget area to the Blog Page Only. You would use the first snippet and change the “007″ in the code to the ID number of your Blog page. You can see how I did it on my blog here. There isn’t any styling in there as you can see. But you can give it styling using the class – “before-blog” – I will style mine shortly.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Anita.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Anita.

Anita
    Participant

I just went in and added some text and styling to it to match my theme.

liannef

THANK YOU!!! Now I just need to figure out how to move the breadcrumbs up above what i just did LOL

http://themakeupgirl.net/archive/

Anita
    Participant

Ahhhh! I see that. Why don’t you post a message on Brad’s tutorial with this very question. Others might find the answer useful and he may write an additional tutorial in there. He responds pretty quick. Post back here if you get a response.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.